It’s that time again. Time for the Third Quarter Quilty Resolutions Update. I have the Quilty Resolutions that I made for Sandy at Quilting for the Rest of Us (where I’m linking this) and I have my own Quilty Resolutions in the sidebar to the right. I’ll cover both here.
First, Sandy’s, which are the quilting monkeys we want to get off our backs.
- “The American Beauty block of the month that I started in 2010. The blocks are all done – I just need to add the setting triangles, sashing and border.” Nope, this monkey is still here. The best I’ve done is look at the triangles and pick them up and count to make sure they’re all there. Sigh.
- “My fear of free motion. I need to make some quilt sandwiches with the scraps from the wool batting I used in my daughter’s wedding quilt so I can test them for the best laundering and drying. I might as well play with free motion quilting on them before I wash them up, right?” Well, I did put some sandwiches together, but I haven’t used them at home yet. I took two free motion quilting classes at the AQS show in Grand Rapids and I am definitely less concerned that I won’t be able to do it. I’ve just had other projects I’ve been working on.
- “My laziness and avoidance of learning to applique.” Yeah, that’s still there, sorry to say.
Now on to the resolutions on my sidebar.
- Complete at least 2 of the 4 BOMs I have going.
a. American Beauty BOM See above
b. 2009 Designer Mystery BOM – On the frame for hand quilting
c. 2011 Designer Mystery BOM – Blocks 1-6 completed
d. 2012 Designer Mystery BOM – Blocks 1-5 completed
- Complete the Wedding Quilt for my daughter and her husband before their first anniversary which is July 20. It is finished and delivered!!!!!! You can read about it here.
- Do some free motion quilting on one small project. See above.
- Complete the two Christmas tree skirts for my daughters before Thanksgiving. The first skirt top has been completed and quilted and is just waiting to be bound. The most recent blog post on it is here. The other Christmas tree skirt top is completed and off to be quilted.
- Complete the studio (aka family room) reorganization. Not enough progress to mention
- Complete the Falling Charms Quilt that is currently on the design wall. Finished!!!!! The last post on it is here.
- Try some machine appliqué. See above.
I seem to have done much better at the Quilty Resolutions I made totally on my own that at the ones that I made following Sandy’s suggestions. I’m on track to finish the tree skirts before my eldest daughter’s visit the weekend of October 31. Then I can give them to both girls. The tree skirts are not surprises so I’m not giving anything away.