It’s that time of the week again! Time to talk about last Sunday to yesterday (AKA Saturday) and my March-A-Long results. Here goes.
- Sunday – Blog writing day. This included the Books on Monday post from last week.
- Monday – Blog reading day #1. Somehow I had tons of days to catch up on so I did some reading – most of it quilty!
- Tuesday – Blog reading day #2. Almost got caught up. I also did some hand quilting.
- Wednesday – Barnes & Noble day. Yes, there was some serious quilty magazine investigation happening. And I talked Amazing Amy into signing up for the 2014 Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery BOM with me! And I did some hand quilting.
- Thursday – This is the day I finally got caught up on my blog reading! (And then, of course, more people blogged. Hand quilting also happened. And my new quilt frame/hoop (explained below with illustrations) showed up.
- Friday – Finished assembling my new quilt frame/hoop and then got some hand quilting time in.
- Saturday – Hand quilting between seeing and spending time with lots of friends.
The New Quilting Frame/Hoop
Last week one day I realized that the hoop I was using to quilt the wedding quilt was splintering and splitting.
At first I thought maybe I could make it last (it was a little flimsy for such a large quilt which I’ve been concerned about from the beginning), but then I became concerned that it could damage the quilt so I got online and looked for sturdier hoops with floor stands. I decided to pay the big bucks for a Grace hoop with floor stand.
The hoop itself is only 14″ square, but that just means I get to tell myself that I’m making faster progress because I have to move the quilt more often.
So what have you been up to?