Sandy at Quilting for the Rest of Us helps us plan our Quilty Resolutions each year and checks back in with us quarterly. Her second quarter check in post is now available and I figured I’d check in now as I’m headed for DisneyWorld on Monday. My resolutions for her spreadsheet are a bit different than those on my sidebar. In this post I’ll discuss my progress on both.
First, Sandy had us pick three quilting monkeys we want to get off our back.
- The American Beauty BOM that I began in 2010. Still no progress other than looking at it. Well, that’s not exactly true. I did unbury some of the pieces.
- Fear of free motion quilting. I signed up for two free motion quilting classes at AQS Grand Rapids.
- My laziness and avoidance of learning to appliqué. I completed one Craftsy class on appliqué and signed up for Edyta Sitar’s Garden of Quilted Possibilities class. I also bought the fabrics for that class. I plan to start it once I finish the Wedding Quilt.
Now, on to my own Quilty Resolutions.
- Complete at least 2 of the 4 BOMs I have going. a. American Beauty BOM. b. 2009 Designer Mystery BOM No progress because I’m at the hand quilting stage. And any hand quilting is focused on number two! c. 2011 Designer Mystery BOM I have actually completed block 4. And I have a plan for getting more of it done. d. 2012 Designer Mystery BOM I have cut block 4 and have it in my take along bag for hand piecing.
- Complete the Wedding Quilt for my daughter and her husband before their first anniversary which is July 20. Making progress. Completed the super blocks and the large spaces between. I’m about 2/3 of the way around the outside of the center, quilting smaller wide open spaces. Binding is made.
- Do some free motion quilting on one small project. No progress other than signing up for classes.
- Complete the two Christmas tree skirts for my daughters before Thanksgiving. Have made some progress on the paper pieced skirt for my eldest daughter. Haven’t started the younger daughter’s (and son-in-law’s) tree skirt yet.
- Complete the studio (aka family room) reorganization. Have re-sorted fat quarters and am adding the fat quarters that are sitting around the room in various places.
- Complete the Falling Charms Quilt that is currently on the design wall. I completed the top, pieced the back and it is currently at the longarmer. Binding is also ready and waiting.
- Try some machine appliqué. This one was mentioned above.
And now you are all up to date. I hope I do better next quarter!