Monday night I cut out the 53 pieces for Block 12 of the American Beauty BOM. Yesterday at work (between helping students, of course), I was able to mark the pieces (and that was it). Today, I started to sew.
It was a little daunting to look at the instructions and see that the very first step for this block was to assemble the Drunkard’s Path sections. I have never done curved piecing, but I have set in sleeves. And I am hand piecing so I can take all the time in the world to get things arranged before each stitch. Here was my first one:
I was quite happy with how it came out and went quickly on to sew the other three together.
The other step I got to was the 16 HSTs. This step would have been less boring if I had been chain piecing on the machine!