First let’s look at my responses to Sandy’s 2016 Quilty Resolutions Challenge and Giveaway. My answers are in blue.
The first thing I am going to do to “clean house,” mentally or physically, in my quilty life in 2016 is… Make a list! (I don’t do this often enough!)
The second thing I am going to do to “clean house,” mentally or physically, in my quilty life in 2016 is… Offload some fabric that I don’t picture myself using or don’t love.
That whole “diversify” thing looks more like a financial plan than a quilting idea, but I really need to start making a few things other than large quilts. Really. Things that are useful.
Now, onto the quilty resolutions in my sidebar. What will I do for this year? (If you haven’t seen how last year’s list went, click here.) Although I did not exactly burn through that list, I did make progress, so that’s a win. My favorite was getting the American Beauty BOM finished. I like it so much better now that it is done!
This year’s list:
- Complete at least 2 of the current BOMs:
- 2009 FQS Designer Mystery BOM. (It’s on my frame for handquilting. I really need to get to it.)
- 2011 FQS Designer Mystery BOM. (Eleven of the blocks are completed – although I have misplaced one.)
- 2012 FQS Designer Mystery BOM. (Ten of the blocks are completed.)
- 2014 FQS Designer Mystery BOM. (Nine blocks are completed. The finishing kit is already cut.)
- Jinny Beyer Craftsy BOM. (This is the scariest one. I have to get brave enough to move on to the appliqué.)
- Finish Scrap in a Box. (This is the closest thing to a finish so far.)
- Make a Sew Together bag. (This is part of the whole diversifying thing.)
I’m going to cap this year’s list at three. I think I will help myself accomplish it when I sign up for my LQS’s Finishing Challenge. That is when I finished the American Beauty BOM last year. First I have to figure out which things to take over there. Sigh.
What are your quilty plans for the year?