Nope, it is not the wedding quilt. That still hasn’t come back from the longarmer and I will have much quilting to do once it gets here. Remember, the bride and groom have been guaranteed it would be done by their first anniversary – and that is more than 13 months away!
Actually, my finish is this:
This apron is made from the panel that came with my Kate Spain Serenade fat quarters. And it took me quite a bit longer to make than it should have. And I didn’t even add any of the applique options she included on the panel.
Why did it take me so long? Well, first I read the directions several times because, although it said that included a half inch turn under for finishing the outside edge, I only saw a quarter inch. So I decided to do a binding from one of the fat quarters. And I figured it should be a bias binding, so I had to learn how to make one of those. (Yeah, I know. Not hard, but I didn’t know that until I had watched 8 or nine tutorials.) In addition to learning that, I also sewed the whole binding on by machine for the first time ever. And I second guessed the color choice for the binding a million times. I still am really. There isn’t much other purple on the apron, but I felt like it needed something.
Now if I could only figure out what to do with this apron.