A Very Little Progress

Not much sewing has gotten done around here. Last week I worked on the backing for Scrap-in-a-Box. Here are the first couple of rows.img_5016

Of course, there was the unfortunate bobbin running out near the end of a seam.fullsizeoutput_1e4a

I did finish the back, but I don’t have a picture of it right now. I’ll try to remember to take one when I baste the quilt.

Time out for a little music humor I saw on a bumper sticker.

img_5025

In preparation for Saturday’s hand piecing, I printed and cut quite a few shapes. And then, like an idiot, I made the star out of the exact same fabric I used in the first rosette star. Grrrr! They will have to stay away from each other in the quilt!

Then I had to decide on what the next round would be. Here is the picture I took to try and determine which of three that I liked best.

img_5033I couldn’t really make up my mind that way so…img_5034Here’s one option all laid out.img_5035Here’s another. Working against this one was the fact that this was what I used the last time too!img_5036This one just screamed no to me. Not a solid here. At least, not this one.img_5040And here is the finished first two rounds. I will be chauffeuring my DH to church tonight, so you can picture me working on the next round or two and watching Criminal Minds on Netflix.

Sunday I had planned to baste Scrap-in-a-Box right after my DH left for the evening service. Unfortunately, as the day wore on, I realized I was coming down with a cold and just sat on the couch drinking liquids and playing iPad games. So that still needs to get done. I have also started playing with the idea of a scalloped border on the 2012 Designer Mystery BOM. I’ve never done one of those before. I may need to remind myself how to do that in Finishing Schools: Edges & Bindings, Mimi Dietrich.  At least I think that is where I saw it. I may have to look at some of my other classes too. And online tutorials and…

I hope to get a lot more done this week – but first I have to feel better.