Oh my goodness!!!! It has been two weeks since I posted last! Oh no! I have been such a slacker!
Today we are looking at Intentional Piecing: From Fussy Cutting to Foundation Piecing by Amy Friend. (I love her last name!) And, as usual, the link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
This is a beautifully produced book, with great pictures and some awesome projects. I must admit, though, that my favorite part of the book is the section of pictorial block patterns – but I am getting ahead of myself here.
Here’s my annotated Table of Contents for this book:
- Introduction – Here Ms. Friend (I still love that last name) describes how she came to quilting and design.
- What Is Intentional Piecing Anyway? – In addition to answering the question, she includes the tools she suggests for intentional piecing.
- Paper Piecing Essentials – This is just what it sounds like.
- What to Stash – Stash suggestions for intentional piecing.
- Projects – What a variety! Not just quilts. Have you ever considered making a magnetic pin tray? As I mentioned before, in addition to actual complete projects, there is a section on pictorial blocks!
- Resources/Acknowledgments – Exactly what it sounds like.
- Templates – This is the location of the paper piecing templates for the projects, in case you couldn’t guess that.
This book is a keeper for me. I don’t know that I would ever make any of the projects exactly as she has, but I can see myself using the elements in other projects. Some of them are soooooo cute!