Today we are looking at a book I’ve had since January of 2012 but have never really carefully gone through until recently. We are looking at Organizing Solutions for Every Quilter: An Illustrated Guide to the Space of Your Dreams by Carolyn Woods. The two links below are for the book and Kindle versions, in that order.
If you’ve been following the blog at all, you may realize why this book appeals to me at this time in my life. I was/am desperately looking for storage solutions for all this fabric so I can keep as much as possible and still occasionally buy new. This book has been very helpful, so I thought I’d share.
Carolyn Woods is a professional organizer. She spent considerable time talking to various quilters. Several of the studio pictures in this book are from quilters whose names I recognize. She doesn’t recommend any specific arrangement or products, but she does feature many many great ideas and possibilities. And there are plenty of inspirational pictures!
Here is what is in the book:
- Section 1: Get Organized (The Overview)
- Chapter 1: The Process of Getting Organized: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Chapter 2: Room Design
- Section 2: Storage Options (The Nitty-Gritty)
- Chapter 3: Fabric Storage
- Chapter 4: Thread, Notions, Tools, and More
- Chapter 5: Project and UFO Storage
- Chapter 6: Quilting on the Go
- Chapter 7: Longterm Storage and Display
- About the Author