Yep, that was a singular finish. After all my plans of finishing four items, all I got done was one. I still need to wash it, but I have finally finished the machine quilted crazy quilt that I call Mrs. B’s quilt because the top was made by a friend’s mother.
Here are some pictures of the front. I’m not sure if the borders were originally wavy or if the embroidery stitches I used to do the quilting shrunk the size of the inside enough to make the borders seem wavy. Whatever the case, this is not a perfectly flat quilt.
I completed this quilt because my friend’s mother (who I’m not sure ever made another quilt) donated it to be finished and put into our church auction. This quilt came to me already layered with fusible batting and the edges totally trimmed. Unfortunately, I had to trim some of the border fabric off because in a couple places the backing didn’t go all the way to the edge. There was also a hanging sleeve already attached, which I ultimately had to remove because of the necessary trimming. (And I don’t know for sure that all of the fabrics are 100% cotton.)
I’m not happy with some of my choices in the quilting. I should have either planned the order of the thread colors before starting the quilting or just used one color. I’m also not sure that I should have used the dark purple thread, but it’s there now. And as far as no consistent pattern for the use of thread colors, it’s a crazy quilt. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
I’m linking up with the 2016 Finish-a-long (see the button in my sidebar) at Rhonda’s Ramblings.