Yep. Sunday night I finished the Christmas Table Runner. This one has been kicking around for a long time and I had been thinking about using it to practice free motion quilting, but I reallly wanted to have one more finished UFO for my LQS’s UFO contest. So, I tried out my dual feed foot instead.
This table runner first showed up in one of my earliest posts, where I called it a fail and then was gently and kindly reminded by another blogger of how I should be putting it together! Sigh. I responded in this post and then announced the table runner top’s completion in this post. All of these were originally posted when I still used Blogger, but I know they were sometime in 2010. Yes, this table runner has been around that long! And, seriously, how long should it take to layer and baste and quilt a table runner?
So Saturday, as part of my distraction from cleaning and organizing the quilting area (more about that in a future post), I layered, basted and quilted this puppy. As previously mentioned, I used my machine’s dual feed foot for the first time and liked the results quite a bit better than without it so I’ll be happily using it in the future.
I also did a machine binding for the second time in my life, and I am not happy with it. Yes, I could take it off and rebind, but I wanted this done and it is. Maybe in the future I’ll do that and sew the back on and then the front with a decorative stitch, but I’m not sure about that either.
As you can see from the picture, this is a bit wavy but only a small bit and it’s for me. Really, I just wanted to get this one done, and now it is!