I’ve been seeing other people’s wrap up posts about the Labor Day Sew-In this year and figured I’d add my own, pitiful as it is.
This is the list that I started with:
- Some handwork on the Wedding Quilt (of course).
- Finishing paper piecing the five pointed star I was working on.
- Preparing the paper pieces and the fabric for the Christmas Tree Skirt lovely eldest daughter, maybe even cutting some fabric.
- Maybe paper piecing another five pointed star – I need three.
- Maybe (if my hand holds out) hand piecing some BOM blocks during the Michigan game on Saturday.
And here are my results:
- Never touched the wedding quilt.
- Finished paper piecing the five pointed star.
- Preparing the paper pieces and cutting fabric for the Christmas tree skirt – never even started. That was going to happen in the basement quilting room and after Friday night my knee and ankle hurt too much to do the stairs safely.
- Maybe paper piecing another 5 pointed star – nope. See above.
- Maybe hand piecing some old BOM blocks during the Michigan game. Yep, I managed to work on one block, but not finish it. I will most likely finish it this week and cut another one for next week.
And there you have it. What I really did mostly (when not visiting with precious family) is read. I managed to read the entire The Hunger Games Trilogy over the course of the weekend. It’s been a long time since I’ve actually read a book in one sitting (which I did with Catching Fire) and that is actually my preferred way of reading so that was fun.
I hope you did more with your Labor Day Sew-In projects than I did with mine.