Saturday (yesterday) was my most productive quilting day in a week. Most of the rest of this week the extent of my quilting was spending time hand quilting the church quilt. Necessary progress being made there, but Saturday was progress on my personal list of things. (Well, I also managed to finish the great magazine destash project.)
Thing #1 – many years ago (like in the mid 1990s) I bought two panels t make cloth books with the Christmas story for our church auction. I think I bought them at Minnesota Fabrics – and that hasn’t been around here in forever. The bag with the panels sat around for a long time, but sometime after 2004 (which I know because the pins used were my quilting pins & I didn’t start quilting until 2004) I must have pulled the bag out, cut out the panels and interfacing, pinned one of the books together and even sewed one page. On Saturday, that book got completed.
I also got the setting triangles for the 2012 Designer Mystery BOM pressed and trimmed. Then it was game time, which for me includes some hand piecing. I got the wreath finished.By shortly after the game was over, I had completed the entire rosette. (By the way, the light in my sewing room is very bad right now. The colors in the above picture are closer to real than the following picture.)After that, I got all of the triangles sewn onto the 2012 Designer Mystery BOM blocks, and put them on the design wall. Note that you can’t see block 12 because the cutting table is in the way. Before I took the picture and looked it, I was thinking that I might need to add some space between the blocks, but this is growing on my. I’m not even sure my idea about some aqua flying geese in the outer border might not happen. Maybe just a narrow border of the background fabric and an aqua binding. Even if I do that, though, I will not meet my goal of having this completed by the end of the month.
And that is Saturday’s progress. If anyone has any great ideas for the rest of the setting of the 2012 Designer Mystery BOM, please let me know and