I did not get anywhere near as much accomplished as I had hoped before the week started. I think the midweek power outage threw off my plans, as did many basketball games. But I averaged way more than 15 minutes a day.
Sunday, March 5 – I started work on a test block for Katie, at Katie’s Quilting Corner. Since it is paper pieced, I got to try out the fancy drawer in my sewing machine cabinet for trimming. Note: It is not the best way to trim up the pieces at the end of the session.
- Monday, March 6 – I finished that block. Since it is a test block, I am not adding a picture of the finished block here.
- Tuesday, March 7 – I went through some books for future Books on Monday features.
- Wednesday, March 8 – The plan for the day was that I would spend the afternoon cutting Block 12 of the 2014 Designer Mystery BOM and the evening sewing it together. That got derailed by a power outage that lasted until mid-afternoon on Thursday. (We were among the very lucky ones!) I had to settle for getting caught up on blog post reading.
- Thursday, March 9 – I did read a few quilty blogs, but that was about it for the day. Did probably total at least 15 minutes though.
- Friday, March 10 – I gathered together everything I needed for today’s pilgrimage to pick up the Saturday Sampler.
- Saturday, March 11 – I picked up the Saturday Sampler materials. In addition to the Sampler blocks, I picked up a pattern that Carolyn saw and wants me to make for the church auction:
I don’t foresee much time available this evening for quilting but I could be surprised. Oh, and I wrote a couple of blog posts and plan to work on a couple more this evening.
How about you?