March-A-Long Week One

Okay, it’s really only half a week, but here are my March-A-Long stats (completely illustrated):

  • Wednesday, March 1 – Cut out block 11 for the 2014 Designer Mystery BOM (about an hour)
  • Thursday, March 2 – Assembled block 11 (about two or three hours), finished quite late in the evening. This is how it looked when I went to bed: 
  • Friday, March 3 – A very helpful quilting friend (or two) pointed out the mistake in the center. (This is not sarcasm – I am VERY glad for the help.) So, the first part of Friday’s sewing was to rip a little and repair. I got part of it fixed butAnd, luckily, the same friend (and even more others) pointed out the mistake before I got farther than this. So, a little more ripping and re-sewing and this happened.So much better! It took me an hour or so to to fix this block. Then I cut the teal fabric I needed to recut for Getting to Know Hue and started assembling units for the two blocks. That took about another hour.
  • Saturday, March 4 – I finished assembling the two teal blocks for Getting to Know Hue. This means that I’m ready for Saturday Sampler next week.

Thank you to the Scientific Quilter for starting and carrying on this whole March-A-Long thing!

Quilt on!

2 thoughts on “March-A-Long Week One

Comments are closed.