Well, I am still waiting for the Wedding Quilt to come back, so there is no progress there.
Yesterday Careful Carolyn, Amazing Amy, and I got the church quilt on the frame and started the quilting. We actually mounted it lengthwise, since it is not a queen-sized quilt. This way we have more room for people to sit around the frame and work.
You may remember (I think I mentioned it earlier anyway) that this top was donated and we just added the two outer borders. It was layered and basted in a bright orange thread by the longarmer. (Frankly, I can’t imagine myself ever basting a quilt for hand quilting again!) Good thing she basted it in bright orange or we might have been tempted to just bind it and call it a quilt!
I was a little concerned that hand quilting might be a bit more difficult than usual because the batting is a higher loft than we normally use, but I was pleasantly surprised to find this was not the case at all. And, of course, the higher loft is puffier, so we may like the way this one looks a lot.