I just need to show you what I did last Saturday during the football game (which, admittedly is not much because the game was so exciting I forgot to sew some of the time).
I had made finishing this block take forever with the multiple piecing mistakes I had made. Here’s the one I found last week:
These geese and trapezoid units (all four of them)
and now they do.
Here’s the finished block as it looked finger pressed on the floor.
And here it is nicely pressed on the design wall. The colors are off a bit in this second picture. Maybe the difference between the Ott light upstairs and the flourescent tube lights in the basement.
Today instead of starting the next block in the 2012 Designer Mystery BOM, I’ll be hand stitching the binding on my nephew’s wedding quilt. I got it back from the longarmer yesterday. Look how gorgeous the quilting looks on the back of it!
And the backing is darkest blue, not the charcoaly color it looks like here!
Okay, I’m off to get back to binding!