Yes, I have been working on various projects, sometimes simultaneously! So here is the update:
- Cut the charms for the Twilter charm swap. While I was at it, I decided to cut some 1 1/2 inch strips and store them like Judy Martin recommends – Yes, that is a silverware organizer from Target. I cut strips of 2 1/2, 3 1/2, 4 1/2, 5 1/2, and 6 1/2 inches and put them in different sections. I didn’t cut any larger ones because none of the strips I was working with were long enough. And, yes, I used my handy dandy labelmaker to label each section.
- Next up was cutting the 42 6 1/2 inch blocks for the church quilt. That went well, except that this batik drove me nuts (a little) because it was not printed straight on the cloth (or dyed straight or batiked straight or whatever the official word is).
- Next up was some piecing. I completed the center for Falling Charms and began piecing the church quilt. As of now there are actually 5 rows together, but I took the picture at three rows.The top is on the right. As I’m doing this, I am remembering how much fun it isn’t to put together a quilt from blocks made by several different people since the blocks vary widely in size, especially the pinwheel blocks. I may have to actually resew a few of those. We had hoped to make a king sized quilt, but right now the plan is for a queen since all of the blocks didn’t come back. Maybe I won’t have to resew very many since there are extras. I need to get this done so we can start hand quilting it soon.
- And then there was the shopping. Missouri Star Quilt Company got me with (not pictured) a white Kona jelly roll and these:@Tubaville, a Twilter friend, talked about the Gypsy Wife Quilt which I had never heard of and so, of course, I had to look it up and see what it was/is. And yes, I bought a copy of that pattern and another by Jen Kingwell called Green Tea and Sweet Beans. I think these will be a good way to use up scraps and Green Tea and Sweet Beans has some appliqué also!
- I have also made a bit of progress on the wedding quilt, which must be finished by July 20 since I promised. Kids are purchasing a house and in case they get to move in sooner, I’d like to get it done before that. So… yeah, it looks possible.