Jan 08

#SDSI Results

This weekend was sort of a snow day sew-in, even though we didn’t get a lot of snow around here. I will admit that I didn’t get as much done as I would have liked, but I did get the center of the Birds in the Air quilt completed.

You may note that I added the 2 inch vertical sashing here. I like the slight separation between the giant geese. I’m currently thinking that at least a 2 inch white border is something I want to do here. I really don’t want to make this too big as I want to hang it somewhere, although at the rate it’s going this will be plenty large enough to use as a throw quilt.

I still need to cut pieces for Charlotte Hawkins’s mystery quilt Surrounded by Scraps. I hope to get it done this evening or tomorrow. And some La Passacaglia stitching may happen during the Golden Globes.

Quilt on!


  1. Jaye

    Your Birds in the Air is such a great quilt!

    1. Gretchen

      Thank you! I’m getting anxious to finish it. I even have some quilting ideas.

Comments have been disabled.

%d bloggers like this: