My original plan for the next few Sundays was to post my March-along progress – what I did with my 15 minutes a day of quilting, but this week already doesn’t look so good.
- Sunday, March 1 – completed the last February block for the Craftsy 2015 BOM.
- Monday, March 2 – read new quilty book & wrote & scheduled review post + tomorrow’s book review post.
- Tuesday, March 3 – I thought about quilting. And I did lots of laundry.
- Wednesday, March 4 – Nada
- Thursday, March 5 – went to Barnes & Noble & perused quilt magazines while drinking tea (one magazine did come home with me) and visiting with good friends. Careful Carolyn brought this knitted doll to show us:
- Friday, March 6 – Believe it or not, I did some free motion quilting practice or attempts, depending on how you look at it. I obviously need a lot of work!
- Saturday, March 7 – I made the templates for & cut out the pieces for the second February block of the 2015 Craftsy BOM. I also pieced the bottom part of the basket. I ran out of template plastic so I used freezer paper.
This brings us to today, which I technically don’t count in last week’s March-along report, but I did want to show you what I finished. First, I had to do some hand appliqué of the basket handle.
Then I got to finish the rest of the block by joining the handle to the basket.
Yes, it measures very close to 9 1/2″ like it is supposed to. And I am now caught on up on that BOM. It’s a good thing, too, because this week block 10 of the Fat Quarter Shop 2014 Designer Mystery BOM is due to arrive and the directions for Scrap in a Box should be posted on Tuesday. That plus trying to finish the American Beauty top and quilt and finish a Christmas table runner should more than keep me busy.