Jun 08

Sunday Stuff

I have a finish for Very Lazy Daisy‘s 2014 Finish Along after all! Just in the nick of time!

I have made my first potholder. Yes, a whole potholder. I grabbed the Berkeley Block which I made in September, 2010 – making it a UFO for sure! Yes, I sort of threw it together ( don’t look at the uneven binding) but at least I now have a slight chance of winning Daisy’s giveaway.

IMG_1876

And here is the back before i put the binding on it. Yep, pretty basic stitch in the ditch machine quilting. It’s my first potholder. I have lots of blocks made of Christmas fabric. Maybe more will be coming.

IMG_1873

In other news, the church quilt top is finished and off to the longarmer for basting for hand quilting. Here’s a pretty bad picture since I couldn’t get all of the quilt in one picture because it is a queen-sized quilt.

IMG_1865

Here’s a close-up of the borders:

IMG_1867

One of our goals with this quilt was to make a quilt that looked more modern than last year’s quilt. Another was to make a quilt that could fit into almost any color scheme. Hopefully we have come close to that.

Quilt on!

%d bloggers like this: