Tag Archive: 2012 Designer Mystery Block of the Month

Mar 15

Life’s Full of Tough Choice, Isn’t It?

Today was a day for decisions. Yesterday, I cut the pieces for the twelfth block for the 2014 FQS Mystery BOM and began piecing it. These were the first two pieces. Now, I must confess that today I realized that my husband had unselfishly shared RSV with me. Hopefully, I won’t feel as lousy as …

Continue reading »

Feb 15

A Bit of Progress

I have, apparently, been doing some quilty things, just not blogging about them, so here is a little bit of an update. The 2012 FQS Designer Mystery BOM finally (almost 6 weeks, which is very unusual when I send them out through our local shop, but I hear the quilter was ill so it’s all …

Continue reading »

Dec 30

Boxing Day Sew-In Results

This will be a brief post. Then, hopefully later today, I will write a longer post about the Scrap in a Box finish, with even more photos. (If not today, tomorrow.) For the Boxing Day Sew-In, I completed hand sewing the binding onto Scrap in a Box and threw it into the washing machine, although …

Continue reading »

Dec 09

Quilting This Week

I know that with today being Friday this week is not yet over, but this (unfortunately) this won’t take me long to write. It hasn’t been the world’s most quilty week. I’ve only had an hour or so a day to work on it so, although I’ve made progress on quilting Scrap in a Box, …

Continue reading »

Nov 13

This Week’s Progress

As I mentioned in the previous post, we were in full finish the quilting mode for the church quilt. Four days and one evening a week for the past couple of weeks. By last week, it became apparent that if all went well, Friday, November 11 would be the day the quilting was finished. We …

Continue reading »

Nov 10

A Little Progress

I have made some quilting progress in the last few weeks, but I just haven’t posted about it. So here goes. Not necessarily in chronological order. First and foremost, we have been in finish-the-church-quilt mode and we are currently on track to finish the quilting tomorrow. I can’t wait! My first Rosette 2 is still …

Continue reading »

Oct 25

Project Updates

I have made a little progress on a few things in the last couple of weeks. Honest! First, I have sewn together the center of the 2012 FQS Designer Mystery BOM. Please excuse the picture – I don’t have a good way to take a straight on picture of it. Now I’ve just got to …

Continue reading »

Oct 04

A Very Little Progress

Not much sewing has gotten done around here. Last week I worked on the backing for Scrap-in-a-Box. Here are the first couple of rows. Of course, there was the unfortunate bobbin running out near the end of a seam. I did finish the back, but I don’t have a picture of it right now. I’ll …

Continue reading »

Sep 30

End of September – Nothing Finished

So it is the end of September. But now that I think about it, I did have one finished. I finished the little cloth Christmas book that i mentioned last weekend. But that is my only finish for the month (and quarter, if we must be brutally honest. Sigh. But we knew that this quarter …

Continue reading »

Sep 25

Lots of Saturday Progress

Saturday (yesterday) was my most productive quilting day in a week. Most of the rest of this week the extent of my quilting was spending time hand quilting the church quilt. Necessary progress being made there, but Saturday was progress on my personal list of things. (Well, I also managed to finish the great magazine …

Continue reading »

Older posts «

%d bloggers like this: