Tag Archive: Janni’s Woven Star

May 31

Memorial Day Sew-In Success

I thought there was a chance that I might not even get to join in on the Memorial Day Sew-In on Twitter due to a hectic week or two of travel and visitors, but, not only did I get to sew on Memorial Day itself, but I also got a very good start on putting …

Continue reading »

Mar 27

Happy Easter!

This is the strangest Easter in years since we are not home an are not going to church. We are dogsitting this gorgeous guy: Because he misses his mommy so much, our method of dogsitting includes never leaving him alone while we are here. So, no church for us. Part of visiting his mommy includes …

Continue reading »

Dec 04

End of the Line with the Wovens

Quilt in blue, green, gray, and purple shades

In an earlier post found here, I mentioned the fact that three of the quilt patterns I used/completed this year had the word “woven” in them. Those patterns were named Woven Star, Woven Double Wedding Ring and Woven Links. The first two were completed last spring. Janni’s Woven Star Megan’s & Madison’s Woven Double Wedding …

Continue reading »

Oct 27

Blogger’s Quilt Festival, Fall Edition

Yes, I guess I am going to do this yet again. I think the Blogger’s Quilt Festival is fun. Amy had a great idea when she thought of this! This time I’ll feature the quilt that it took me the longest to make (at least, the one that is finished). Back in 2008, my eldest …

Continue reading »

Jun 30

2 Out of 3 Ain’t Bad

Yes, that is an old song title. What I’m referring to, of course, is my number of finishes in the 2012 Finish-A-Long hosted by Rhonda at Quilter in The Gap. Here is the post with my original goals: Finish-A-Long. I had three goals, only two of which were quilts. The third, which really isn’t a …

Continue reading »

Apr 25

Still Paper Piecing

Janni’s Woven Star has been safely delivered and now resides on her bed! She sent me a picture this weekend: I have to admit it is starting to grow on me! From this distance, even I don’t think it looks so bad. Maybe I will keep making quilts. In all my spare time because…. I …

Continue reading »

Apr 10

A Big Ta Da!

The Big UFO in the basement is no more. The Big WIP in the basement is no more. Instead, Janni’s Woven Stars is now a finished quilt. Here it is on our bed. It is huge (88 1/2″ X 106″ or thereabouts), so I had some problems figuring out how to photograph it. And, no, …

Continue reading »

Apr 07

Q2 Finish-a-long Goals

Yes, I know that I didn’t participate in the First Quarter Finish-a-long hosted by Rhonda at Quilter in the Gap. I knew there was no way that I was going to finish anything. This quarter I know that there are two queen-sized quilts that must be finished by mid-May. I have no choice. I sort …

Continue reading »

Jan 15

Friday Fun

I finally re-cut the square for the center of the Centennial block. Now I can finish that block sometime in the near future. I did not, however, cut fabric for anything else as long as I was down there. Instead I spent a couple of hours working on the big UFO. This is the stencil …

Continue reading »

%d bloggers like this: