Since this is the end of 2011, it is time to evaluate my 2011 Quilty Resolutions. So, here goes!
- Finish the Big UFO in my basement. Good news: There has been significant progress made. Bad news: It is not done yet and becomes 2012 Quilty Resolutions #1.
- Finish the photo quilt – Completed last February!
- Finish the American Beauty BOM – Well, I am almost done with block 12, the last block – but there is still much to do before it is a completed quilt. This becomes 2012 Quilty Resolutions #2.
- Go to the Paducah AQS show – Completed and enjoyed! Due to my work schedule it may be a while before I go to Paducah again, but in 2012 there is a show in Grand Rapids, MI which is not too far away.
- Finish the quilt for my husband – didn’t even touch it. I have decided that that one needs to wait until I learn something about Free Motion Quilting before I attempt it. I probably won’t even move this to the 2012 list. He doesn’t really know it exists anyway.
- Things I did that were not on the Quilty Resolutions List – started two quilts to go on the twin beds in the guest room and completed one. Organized the two quilts for the church auction. Bought a new sewing machine. Began studio reorganization.
I guess this brings us to 2012’s resolutions.
- Finish the big UFO in my basement.
- Complete the quilt for my niece’s May wedding.
- Finish the American Beauty BOM.
- Complete the studio organization.
- Learn something about FMQ and quilt at least one small project.
- Complete the second twin quilt for the guest room.
Numbers 2, 3, and 6 will be quilted by a longarmer unless a miracle happens and I really take to FMQ. Just saying. I enjoy quilting by hand too much.
On the bright side (maybe) – I only have 6 UFOs! I think that is pretty cool. Unless the Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery BOM (which I haven’t even started) counts, in which case I have 7. And one of those is a table runner which I am planning to use to fulfill #5. So….