I finished the wall hanging for the church auction. I am happy with the way it turned out and hope it does well at the auction. I am fairly certain that I am not a big fan of fusible appliqué, although I admit it was quick. I don’t think I will do it on Getting to Know Hue. I’m pretty sure that one will be hand appliqué.
Here’s the finished wall hanging.
I have also been working a bit on the third Rosette 2 for La Passacaglia. It is going to brighten up a bit in the next couple of rounds.
And I decided I was no longer feeling the look of the Kimberly Einmo Spinning Stars quilt I started at the same time as I started Lone Star Explosion. The first star block I made didn’t have enough contrast and I’m not really fond of the other block.
I still like the fabrics so I will repurpose those. I haven’t gained a project box with this move though, because that one is broken and will have to go away. Sigh. But there is one less project to worry about.
Yes, I am calling these all hopefuls. I am fairly close to done with all of these and do think this is a possibility. Seriously! Yes, there are six here. Yes, that seems like a lot but I am hoping!
Here’s the annotated list.
- The Kimberly Einmo Lone Star. The center of the top is completed. Once I add the borders, it will head off to a longarmer and then when it comes home I will need to bind it. At least that is the current plan.
- Layer Cake Explosion. I started this one in May. I have the four paper piecing blocks to do and then sashing to cut and assembly to do. It too will most likely go to a longarmer. Although it does need a little more work than the Lone Star, I also think it is doable.
- Christmas Jelly Roll Race. I started this on a whim a couple of years ago. It needs some borders and then I think I might quilt this one myself. I really want to have it done for Christmas, so I think it has a chance.
- Finish the four table runners I have started for the church auction. Yep, these will probably get finished. After all, most of them just need quilting and finishing. And the auction is an important impetus.
- Kimberly Einmo Spinning Stars quilt. I would like to see this finished. It is a bright fun looking quilt! I’m not sure what I’ll do with it when it is finished, but I do want to finish it. This has a pretty long way to go though, so it is probably the least likely to make it.
- Disappearing Pinwheels. I have enough blocks made that I could just put them together and make the quilt top, but I think I want to make a few more blocks so I have more choices. Then the left over blocks can go on the back.
So there are my fourth quarter hopes and dreams! We’ll see how it goes!