Yes there is some. But I have to warn you, it doesn’t look like much.
These are 27 inches on a side, so there is no way they would all fit on my design wall. So I’ll just show you this recycled picture. 😉
Then I couldn’t decide for a while whether to sew the nine Grand Blocks together or work on the 60 other blocks for the border. If I sewed the Grand Blocks together, I’d have a very false sense of being close to done (plus, I wanted to keep using the gray thread so I didn’t have to spend time swapping that out), so I decided to go for the little six inch blocks. I got started on the first 28, which are just like the ones that I’ve been working on.
And that is all the progress there has been. I’m hoping to finish the top within the next two weeks so that I can get it layered and start hand quilting. I want to see how much my hands will let me quilt in a day without falling off.
I also did a bit of hand quilting on the 2009 Designer Mystery BOM which is on my frame, just because I felt like hand quilting. I won’t make any progress at all on that one once I start quilting the wedding quilt. I wonder if it will ever get done. Sigh.