I’m baaaaaack! Yes, I did post a couple of times early in the vacation, but most of the time we were too busy or too exhausted for me to make a sensible post. So this post may be longish with a few pictures. But, before I get back to my regular flow of life, I thought I would post a few things I learned.
First, I am a two week vacation girl. The moment this became obvious was when I was at the Happiest Place on Earth with the people I love the most and I missed my home. Yup, almost three weeks was just about four days too long. Not that it wasn’t a wonderful vacation – because it was – but just longer than I apparently enjoy. I didn’t know this previously because this is the longest vacation we have ever taken.
Second, no matter how nice the place you are staying in Orlando is, if you are doing lots of days at the Disney parks, it is less stressful and ultimately less exhausting to stay on the Disney property – especially for park hopping. I wouldn’t have predicted it (and Disney is not paying me to say this), but it is true. We stayed in a lovely four bedroom condo (since there were eight of us) provided by my amazing sister. It was about 20 minutes from DisneyWorld so we needed to figure out how to get back and forth each day, and I have never been as exhausted on a Disney trip before. So I guess I blame the commute. Of course, maybe it is just because I am so old now!
Which leads us to
Birthday cupcake with Mickey sprinkles.
Yes, that is my glowing Tinkerbell!
We ended the day at JellyRolls at the Boardwalk listening to the dueling pianos. I was with the most fun group in the place! And, in spite of the ridiculously high number the age represents, it was the best birthday ever.
Now that I’m home, I can’t wait to get back to quilty fun! Here are my future plans:
- I will be finishing the family room into quilt studio conversion.
- I will be finishing the assembly of the blocks and borders for the church quilt, AKA Woven Links.
- I will be marking my next handquilting project and getting it on the frame.
- I will be finishing the American Beauty BOM top and getting it quilted and bound.
- I will be starting my Designer Mystery 2011 (yes, last year’s) BOM. I will not allow myself to start this year’s until 2011 is finished!
- I will be completing the second quilt for Janni’s room/the guest room, AKA Split Rail Lattice.
And now I will get caught up on three weeks of mail.