Remember this picture?
Here’s the rest of the room:
Of course, the living room currently looks pretty bad:
Last week, I put together one set of Closetmaid closet shelves. (DD put together the other for me.)
Then I put together two sets of bookshelves. (I really missed DD for that one. I’m older than I used to be and my hands were pretty sore by the time that job was done.)
All of those were for fabric storage. Here’s the yardage storage:
That’s all my yardage except for panels and batiks. Note the bottom shelf on each side is full of Fairy Frost of various colors. And the stack of solids on the top right is quite a bit taller than I would have expected it to be. I don’t make quilts of all solid fabrics. Hanging from the hangers are un-ironed wide backing fabrics.
Here is the batiks bookshelf with fat quarters on the top shelf:
Below in the cube on the left are my precuts and some patterns and some other stuff. On the right are all my fat quarters that are not batiks. The containers on the top have some fat quarter collections that I want to keep together and not mix in with the others. The bottom shelf has a container of yardages from collections that I want to keep together.
This area is actually the foyer. I overflowed! My original plan was that the bookcase on the right would be my larger bookcase for books and magazines. Unfortunately, I measured poorly and that case didn’t really fit there. So it has moved into the room itself. Pictures of that will have to come later.
I also got my design wall hung and immediately put up my Birds in the Air blocks from the Twilter swap. The first shot is just me putting them up on point. The second picture comes after I did a little fiddling with it. It’s still a work in progress.